If you have suffered injury in a Road Accident then you may be entitled to claim Personal Injury Compensation.
If you have suffered injury in a Road Accident, whether in a car, truck, on a motorcycle, a bicycle or as a pedestrian within the last three years and the accident was not your fault, you may be entitled to claim Personal Injury Compensation.
It is the duty of every road user to ensure that they drive carefully. Road traffic accidents are commonly caused by drivers who go too fast, fail to have due regard at junctions, fail to brake early enough (or at all), ignore traffic signals and signs, or otherwise lose control the vehicle because they are using a mobile phone or are distracted in some other way.
If you would like to know what your injury claim may be worth, please go to our Value Your Injury page.
Confused by the claims process? Please look at our extensive FAQs.
If you are a Professional Driver please visit our dedicated Professional Drivers page.
Road Accidents Generally
Here are a few examples of common road accident types:-
- The driver of a vehicle (eg a car, van, bus, lorry, motorbike/motorcycle, bike/cycle) injured in a road accident caused by another driver.
- A passenger in a vehicle (eg in a taxi, on a bus, traveling in a friend or relative’s car) injured in a road traffic accident caused either by the driver of that vehicle or by another driver.
The owner of Hinchliffes Solicitors, Steven Hinchliffe, rides a Suzuki Bandit 1250 GT and is more aware than most solicitors of both the fun and the perils involved in motorcycling.
Biker accidents can include:-
- The rider or pillion passenger on a motorcycle injured in a road accident caused by another vehicle.
- A pillion passenger on a motorbike injured in a road traffic accident caused by the rider of the bike.
Many of us ride a bike and, as with pedestrians, cyclists are more easily injured in an accident. Most cyclists do not carry specific insurance and if they cause the accident then it can be difficult to recover personal injury compensation from them. However if they (or their parents if they still live with them) have house insurance this can provide the means to pay the claim.
Cyclist accidents can include:-
- The rider of a bicycle injured in a road accident caused by a vehicle such as a car, truck or motorcycle.
- A rider of a bike injured in a road traffic accident caused by the rider of another bike.
If you are on foot you have no protection and must be very careful when crossing a road. Even so, the primary responsibility still rests with the driver of the vehicle on the road and many collision cases have been successful for the pedestrian, even where they crossed the road with insufficient care.
Pedestrian accident issues:-
- A pedestrian injured when knocked down by a vehicle or cyclist.
- Drivers owe a higher duty of care where children and young people are present.
Call now on 01684 580900 to speak direct to one of our specialist claims lawyers. Alternatively, go to our Start Your Claim page to submit details of your accident compensation claim online.